The Rainbow Private Day Nursery
Located on the Brustin Brae Road just outside Larne, the Rainbow Day Nursery is owned by Mrs Hilary Rainey, RGN, B.A. Hons. Hilary was a Registered General Nurse for thirteen years prior to opening the Nursery.
The Nursery is registered with the Northern Health & Social Care Trust (N.H.S.C.T) and is part of the Department of Education for N.I New Initiative, the Pre-School Expansion Programme which emphasises the importance of pre-school education for those children in their immediate pre-school year.
Mission Statement for Rainbow Private Day Nursery
The ethos for Rainbow Private Day Nursery is to create a homely, pleasant, caring and motivated learning atmosphere in which each child has the opportunity to develop his/her full potential through a well planned, coordinated and flexible educational curriculum.
Our Aims for Each Child
- To provide a caring, stable and stimulating environment conducive to learning.
- To create close links with home, nursery and local community.
- To create a climate of respect for others, including those with disabilities and special educational needs. Children with special learning needs are integrated as fully as possible in the nursery’s programme of activities.
- To provide a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum tailored to the individual needs of each child.
- To provide a variety of experiences to aid children to reach their full potential.
- To encourage communication skills, to provide opportunities to develop personal qualities e.g. greater self-esteem, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- To encourage children to appreciate their surrounding environment.
- To maintain a harmonious relationship amongst staff.
- To provide professional development opportunities for staff.